If you are interested in donating materials or have questions, please contact us before bringing them in: call (203)498-0710 or email email@example.com.
We do not accept electronics, dishes, or clothing, and because our warehouse is currently overstocked with the following we are currently not accepting: beads of any type, carpet and tile samples, candles, copy paper, paper boxes, rubber stamps, crayons, pencils, pens, markers.
We reserve the right to partially accept or deny any donation. We kindly ask that you organize your donation before arrival for faster approval and easier processing. As our warehouse is mostly full, please try to limit the size of your donation, ideally to the size of one plastic bag if possible.
Things We Need Now (either for sale on floor or for workshop supplies):
- Art : oil paint, brushes, glue
- Sewing: embroidery hoops, colorful yarn- (not white, black, gray, brown, tan) (if donating wool please place in marked bag separate from other yarn), batting
- Buttons: colorful or unusual
- Jewelry findings: chain, closures, broken, vintage
Things We Love
- Art supplies and media of all types (in usable condition)
- Craft materials such as colorful buttons, clay
- Educational supplies- tangrams, globes, etc.
- Office supplies
- Old Game Pieces- characters, Monopoly pieces
- Paper (specialty) maps, technical drawings, old blueprints
- Science lab supplies and equipment
- Sewing accessories- Yarn, fabric and needle craft needs, fabric samples and scraps, lace, leather scraps, sewing notions (thread, zippers, seam binding, needles, etc.), yarn, buttons
(Donating outside of operating hours is considered littering and will expose your items to unpredictable weather conditions.)
***Please keep in mind that these materials will be taken and re-purposed by others, so for that reason we cannot accept anything that is toxic, moldy, leaking, hazardous, bug-ridden, or just in overall bad shape. We kindly ask that you carefully inspect your items prior to donating.
Your support for EcoWorks makes a world of difference.
EcoWorks Inc. is a registered 501(c)3 organization, and we are proud to accept financial donations to help further our mission by providing low-cost supplies to teachers and artists and remove quality items from the waste stream. Your gift is 100% tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
In-kind donations. All material donations for the reuse center need to be approved by EcoWorks. Please email items and quantity of material goods you would like to donate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in Donating Stock?
EcoWorks is equipped to accept donations of stock with Scottrade. Please contact Lisa.Spetrini@ecoworksct.org if you have shares you would like to donate.
Making a purchase on Amazon?
Consider adding EcoWorks to your account via Amazon Smile. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to Ecoworks.